jueves, 7 de mayo de 2009

Lost Cause

Me gustaría decir algo acerca de Sea Change (Beck, 2002) que justificase por qué "demoledor" me parece un adjetivo irrisorio.
Pero las palabras son jaulas abiertas y un servidor pésimo carcelero.
Así que ni siquiera voy a intentarlo.

Lost Cause @ YouTube

The Golden Age @ YouTube


Beck - Lost Cause
Your sorry eyes, they cut through bone.

They make it hard to leave you alone.
Leave you here wearing your wounds,
waving your guns at somebody new.

Baby I'm a lost
Baby I'm a lost
Baby I'm a lost cause.

There's too many people you used to know,
they see you coming, they see you go.
They know your secrets and you know theirs,
this town is crazy, but nobody cares.

Baby I'm a lost
Baby I'm a lost
Baby I'm a lost cause.
I'm tired of fighting
I'm tired of fighting
Fighting for a lost cause

There's a place where you are going
you ain't never been before
There's no one laughing at your back now,
no one standing at your door.
Is that what you thought love was for?

Baby I'm a lost
Baby I'm a lost
Baby I'm a lost cause.

I'm tired of fighting
I'm tired of fighting
Fighting for a lost cause.

2 comentarios:

fpf dijo...

Dijo Czeslaw Milosz por ahí:
Meaning

When I die, I will see the lining of the world.
The other side, beyond bird, mountain, sunset.
The true meaning, ready to be decoded.
What never added up will add Up,
What was incomprehensible will be comprehended.
- And if there is no lining to the world?
If a thrush on a branch is not a sign,
But just a thrush on the branch? If night and day
Make no sense following each other?
And on this earth there is nothing except this earth?
- Even if that is so, there will remain
A word wakened by lips that perish,
A tireless messenger who runs and runs
Through interstellar fields, through the revolving galaxies,
And calls out, protests, screams. "

Reparito 2.08 dijo...

Es lo que tiene la música, que a veces no hay nada que pueda enjaularla.

Aunque hay otras que mas valdría enjaular al autor, la verdad.

Pero afortunadamente este no es el caso